Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Photographers at Work: Martin Schoeller

I love to watch photographers at work. This youtube video is of Martin Schoeller working on set on his Bodybuilder series. It is revealing both in his lighting setup (which is only partly shown, but enough to guess) and how he talks with his sitters:

Martin Schoeller Photo Shoot

I found this video a while back on the strobist blog. I recommend that you also visit the link to it on that site. He has a breakdown of what you see at various points (although he missed one thing I noticed...try to guess) to help you diagnose the lighting set up -- plus the user comments are interesting as well:

Strobist Link to Behind the Scenes with Martin Schoeller

I think I like his typical style of detailed images with stark even lighting on celebrities better, but I must admit this was a good subject for him to explore.

Lastly, if you're interested, here is a link to the book on Amazon:

Female Bodybuilders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home